So, I just finished all 4 and a half Twilight novels…

...and I just don’t get the team Edward vs. team Jacob thing!! Edward and Bella are in love… from the start. Jacob is always trying to get in the middle of that like a spoiled brat. So how can there even be teams??

Morgain

Asked by Morgain at 2:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• the books are far better than the movies.stephenie meyer mentions team swiss-switzerland so thats where it got started.
    johnny4ever

Answer by johnny4ever at 6:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have always felt that way! In the movies, they really play up the love triangle thing, but in the books there really isn't a chance that Bella will ever be with Jacob. I have always thought it was silly.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Okay???? lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Thanks mickstinator - I thought I was the only one!!! LOL
    Morgain

Comment by Morgain (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I haven't read them, been thinking about it, but I see such mixed reviews. I know this is off topic, but do you recommend I bother?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• LOL, I agree. But the team thing are the person the reader prefers. Not really the one Bella prefers..
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think that coming from my standpoint I really dislike Edward and love Jacob and really think that she would be better off with him'
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Like a PP said, it has to do with the preference of the reader. I've always wondered what was so great about Edward.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I never really got it either
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 6:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• gramsmom - I highly recommend you read the series.... it's really good!!!

I just read her unfinished book from Edwards view - Midnight Sun. Once you read that you can't help but like Edward. I guess I just liked him because of his maturity, and I saw Jacob as an annoying little boy!! If you've read them all you can see she was really meant to be a vampire so she really wouldn't have been better off with the boy ;o)

Morgain

Comment by Morgain (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010