How can i get before/after care services for my pre-schooler?

I live in the Madison, TN area currently, my son will start preschool very soon. How do i go about finding before or after care? is it epxensive?

Pengy

Asked by Pengy at 2:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The pre-school that he is attending "should" have resources on before/afteschool care. If for some reason they do not have any suggestions/options for you, I would check with your local YMCA or Boys & Girls club (that is what we have here in California). You could also do a search on "childcare resources" for your state/area. There is usually a state program that monitors childcare centers and they often give you resources to finding childcare. Start with the pre-school first. Good luck!
    Lily23

Answer by Lily23 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Can you clarify what you mean by before/after care? Is he in a 8-2:30 Pre-K class and you need him to be kept before 8 and after 2:30? If this is the case, then I would contact the preschool that he is attending and they should have these services for an addtionally charge. In my area, it is about $10-$15 a day for this. If you need someone to keep your child after 6 o'clock then you might be better off finding a babysitter who can pick up your child and take him to your house and keep him until you get home. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Does his preschool have before and after care. My son's does. At his preschool it is $2/day for before care and 5$/day after care. So it is a total of $7/day extra on top of tuition. good luck!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Thank you very much for your replies! My oldest son will be in Kindergarden from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, i went to enroll him and they told me they have before and after care through the YMCA...phew! It's the first time ever i have my child in school so it can be a little overwhelming at first. But all of your replies encouraged me to find out more info. THANKS ! :)
    Pengy

Comment by Pengy (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2010