Sleeping Question???

How long did you wait to let your baby sleep on his/her stomach. My DD 3 weeks sleeps alot better on her tummy. I only do it during the day when I can keep and eye on her. But I really think she could make it through the night.

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my babies were little, we were ordered to put them on their sides when they were tiny and on their stomachs after that. When I was a baby, my mom was ordered to put us on our stomachs... so, I'm thinkin' that this latest 'you have to put your baby X way' is based more on 'most aren't' than 'compared to the majority who are'... besides, the healthiest, natural way for babies to sleep is semi-upright on mom's chest.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I know moms did it back in the day but with all the facts that are out here now, I personally don't think it is worth the risk. She will be sleeping through soon enough. Hang in there!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Not until she can roll tummy to back on her own. It is not worth the risk. She would probably be fine, but I wouldn't test the waters...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010