how long did it take for you to recieve your childs birth certificate and ss card?

i sent off for the certified copy of my daughters birth certificate and her ss card...that was 2 months ago and i still havent received it...whats takin so long?

cherrydarling84

Asked by cherrydarling84 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will get it soon...
    you shouldnt have had to send for SSN though I just automatically got those...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• the ss card about 2 months the birth certificate we had to go pick it up....here in california they wont mail them
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We picked-up the BC within days of his birth and the SS card came a month after his birth, I believe.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Birth Cert didnt take that long, but the ss took about 8 weeks or so.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 3:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• SS card came withen a week or two and the birth certificate you have to wait up to 6 weeks to get it at the court house here in Texas/
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It took a couple of weeks for the SS card but I had to go in and pick up the birth certificate. Call and see if they have the paper.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Oh and thats only if you filled everything out at the hospital, other wise it will take longer to get everything.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i got my daugthers ss card like 3 or 4 days PP. i filled out the paper work in the hospital. im still waiting on birh certificiate tho, its been about 2 and a half weeks to 3 weeks since i sent it to them. i should get it soon.
    shortmama490

Answer by shortmama490 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i dont know apparantly her SS card in the mail and hubby put it in the glove box.just told me today!
    havnt sent away from her Birth certif yet
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• you should be able to go to the town hall of the town she was born in and get her birth cert. That's what I've always done..
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010