What to pack for a road trip with a 6month old??

We are driving to Tallahassee, FL! we will stop over night on the way there, and back and will be gone one week! What do i pack and how much do i pack??

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We just went to SC for a week I have for my daughter we packed She is 10 months old. we had extra everything!
    8 outfits
    3 bibs
    1 pack diapers
    1 pack wipes
    3 soothies (pacifiers)
    3 Swimsuits
    sunscreen
    her pack-n-play
    her blanket
    a small bag filled with her favorite toys
    3 hats
    1 receiving blanket
    Stroller
    baby carrier
    Tylenol (just in case)

OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 3:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Pack what the baby would normally use in that time frame and add a couple of extra outfits. Pack something for dirty diapers in the car in case of emergency. Make sure you have whatever he/she needs to go to sleep (music, white noise, etc). I assume you won't need any foods other than formula or if you are breastfeeding that is a plus!! I found it was the easiest time to travel because they weren't on any foods yet (I am assuming that in your case). Then you have to decide about a pack n play, etc for sleeping. Relax and have fun!!
    Anonymous

• The above list is perfect!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The lists above are great. the only thing I would add is if you are bottle feeding then buying a few of the drop in bottles makes the trip SOO much easier. We took a trip when ds was 4 months old and he was using dr browns bottles which are very hard to get clean on the go. With the drop ins all you have to worry about is cleaning the nipples not the whole bottle. I kept an extra bottle of water with us just for rinsing nipples after he ate.
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Dont forget bathing stuff! :) (and lotion)
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 10:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010