I want to find God...

since having my daughter I have really looked everywhere. Growing up a JW it messes with my head. I have found some part of God it feels within a baptist church. I believe in him, I just dont know how to serve him.... I do my best. I really do. I don't do drugs or associate with bad people....

Sandiii

Asked by Sandiii at 9:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry the question is, WHERE DID YOU find Him!?
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 9:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I found Him by opening up the greatest book He gave us.... the Bible. I would say start with the book of John... also, just say an honest prayer to Him... tell Him God I want to find you and learn how to serve You, He will answer.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I have done that.
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 9:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If you are someone who likes to read... there are some websites you can go to and get free booklets on how to grow in the Lord. If you'd like them, let me know and i will send you the web addresses. Also, look on here for some Christian groups that have bible studies etc. It takes time and the bible says.... If you seek Him you would find Him. If your church has a discipleship or new believers class ask about that. I hope these suggestions help...and if I think of anything else that may be helpful in your desire to grow in your relationship with God i will post it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My advice would be to get involved in a solid church that believes in a personal and passionate relationship with Jesus. Going to church on Sundays is a good thing, but get involved with people. Go to a Bible Study or Woman's group. Be totally honest and open - let them know where you are in life and let them know your concerns. A healthy group should be accepting and welcoming despite your background or your doubts. I wrote this in another answer, but I think that experiencing who Jesus is by interacting and developing relationships with people who know and love Him will have more of an impact on your life than just going to church every Sunday and listening to the preacher. The main reason I came to know the Lord was through friends and youth pastors who didn't just "tell" me about who Jesus was, but they were living examples of the love and grace Jesus taught. Feel free to PM me is you have any questions. :)
    BabyBumbleBee

Answer by BabyBumbleBee at 9:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I found him at Norfolk Apostolic Church in Norfolk, Va. i know you're probly far from there, but you should check out an Apostolic/ Pentacostal church in your area. Really powerful. Worship services, powerful messages, ect. you can look for a church in your area, and read about it at UPCI.ORG.
    Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptised, everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• "Seek and ye shall find." Just ask for His presence and He'll be there.

Meditation is wonderful. Meditation is the act of listening to God. In such a quiet state, you are able to get the messages from your own God-center. The main reason we think God has no voice is that we never take the time to listen.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• God is not lost - you are. Despite what you grew up being told, God does not require service. All the Christian God requires is that you have the faith of the mustard seed -the rest is religious restriction. If you believe in God, he is not lost. Once you are living to your best potential, you will find he is right there next to you. Work on finding yourself to find God.
    Anonymous

• Lord I pray for my sandii
    Help her to not be confused. I rebuke the lies of the enemy in Jesus name. may no evil prosper to confuse her. reveal to her that you love her and desire to have a personal relationship with her. you alone are Holy. May your will be done. In Jesus Name I pray Amen!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You say you were raised up a JW, may I ask why you left? At the same time I hear you saying things that they believe in, like not associating with bad people. Sounds like you still believe in some of the things you have learned, I pray for you and I hope that you will find the path leading you back to Jehovah, for you know that he LOVES you no matter what you have done. May God help you to get back on track and find a place where you are comfortable. But, may I ask what made you leave the JWs? If this is a too personal question, I applologize for asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2008