Have you ever been a housewife?

I am not talking about being a SAHM, but a housewife, whether it was before you had kids or you stayed home after all your kids were in school. Have you ever been one?

I was one for 7 months (no kids) after my husband and I got married and I hated it then. I just got laid off today and my son's summer camp has already been paid for and he starts school in a few weeks. My husband mentioned that he would like for me to stay at home and be a housewife at least for a few months. This way I can pick up our son from kindergarten, volunteer at his school, take a few enrichment classes, do some work around the house, etc. I think I might enjoy it this time. There are several things that I have been wanting to do and now I have the time for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I've been a homemaker off and on. As long as you have things to do it is great. Sounds like you have some things lined up already. The key is to keep active, socialize with adults, and stimulate your mind. Best wishes!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• For about a month between quitting work and having my first little ones. I have been home now for over 5 years as a stay at home Mom and I think that I could enjoy being a housewife but who knows, its not in the cards in the near future that is for sure. Hope you enjoy it and are very productive.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Right after I got married we moved and I needed to look for a new position. I didn't mind, I was always very busy with something, but I was really glad to get back to work.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• no ive always been a SAHM cause i got preggo at 18.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, in the 3 months before my older son was born...my job required a lot of travel and was pretty intense and fast paced, so I "retired" early, and spent those few months getting ready for motherhood! I was a SAHM for 8 years until my younder son started full-day school, and have been a "part-time homemaker" in the summer, when my kids are at day camp...they're gone for 9 hours each day, and get picked up and dropped off by a chartered school bus, so the days are MINE to get many things accomplished that I can't while they are running about--such as painting (this summer I'm doing my kitchen cabinets!), steam cleaning the carpets in the bedrooms, polishing/waxing the hardwood floors on the main floor, gardening/weeding, etc.

Since I'm a full-time teacher now, I'm otherwise home when they are, and don;t have time to really clean and accomplished more "involved" tasks.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I say go for it and have a good time!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010