What does it mean to have inflammation on your cervix?

I had a bisopsy done on my cervix. It was normal...just with inflammation. The dr is not telling me much. Is this okay?

Mom2Just1

Asked by Mom2Just1 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• normal was the good word to hear. are you waiting on anything else? redness, a bit pouty or swollen?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• that your cervix is swollen?
    don't know, never heard of this. hope you feel better
    Anonymous

• No. My dr is on vacation. Nothing else was mentioned. I am assuming everything was fine b/c they are putting in my IUd next month.
    Mom2Just1

Comment by Mom2Just1 (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Why did you have the biopsy done? Inflammation just means the tissue was irritated. Just like when you get a rash...inflammation of the skin. If your doc didn't seem too concerned, I wouldn't worry about it. If you want more answers then ask when you go for your next appointment.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It could mean any number of things. Inflammation simply means that you're experiencing immune symptoms there. Your doc will tell you if there's something going on. Glad to hear the biopsy was okay.
    There's a good chance of something like PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) or HPV (human papilloma virus), which are so common in American women that doctors generally don't even test for these, though you can request a test. I'd ask to have them clarify if I were you, just to be sure. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had one done b/c I had two abnornal paps in a row. Plus I have a history of cervical cancer in my family so we wanted to be safe.

I have been tested for HPV and PID. Both negative.
    Mom2Just1

Comment by Mom2Just1 (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010