Now really what marriage is stronger ???

I was talking to a "friend" and we were talking about our marriages... It isnt a secret that me and my husband are very close and open .. we shower together ( sometimes in a non-sexual way), sometimes the door is left open when one of us is on the toilet, he has seen me in some of my grossest moments and i have seen him in his. He is my best friend and we are stronger and closer than we have ever been... every year is better than the last... we have been married for over 5 years ...

My "friend" was acting high and mighty and was basically saying that MY marriage wont last because of the way we are and that her marriage will because she will never let her husband know about gross things she does ( she wont even poop if her husband is home) . They have only been married less than a year ( married 2 months after meeting) and they act more like aqanitenses (sp) than spouses because they arent comfortable in front of each other

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• MY husband has seen me in some of my worst moments. He was there when I was spread open for the birth of out babies. Funny stuff!! She won't let him know about her grossest moments. Everyone poops!! It is a matter of fact. They are scared to be around each other because they don't know each other. I would not worry about what she said, it sounds like she is trying to make up for the insecurity in her relationship. Just keep doing what your doing, it sounds like it is working so far.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• They have not been married long enough for her to be giving advice or making judgments. Give it some time and she'll be doing all kinds of gross things in front of her husband.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My husband and I have been together for 13 years... and I've never seen him use the bathroom and nor him see me. We don't make a fuss about burping or farting in front of each other like I see others do. We're polite and respectful of each other... those are private functions that the world doesn't need to know about. Luckily, we think the same way on this and it has never been an issue. I will never understand why being open and honest with the person you love means having to bare witness to what they expel from their body. I don't think watching another person poop makes you closer.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i think every marriage works differently. but honestly i give her 5 years and she will be pooping with the door open. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• "she wont even poop if her husband is home"
    really? that's funny!
    I don't leave the bathroom door open, I like to maintain a little mystery. I personally like the idea of a balance between the two.

I like to keep a little mystery, but yet I could never see being as uptight as your friend!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'd definitely say yours is stronger. If you can't be yourself (bodily functions included) around your spouse, how on Earth can you say you're completely and totally in love and have total trust?? If your husband can love you sitting on the toilet taking a poop, than he can love you through many other, grosser, things. Don't take her advice to heart. Either their marriage will end, or she'll wise up and realize that you can't have a relationship like that.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think BOTH of your marriages are EQUALLY strong...because your respective relationships work for YOU!! :o) As long as you're both in happy and healthy marriages, who's to define what that happiness entails?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a very close relationship with my husband too and I 've been married 22 years, however there are no guarantees.  Neither one of you is in the position to say whose marriage will last longer.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• it's not a competition
    Anonymous

• Been married this Sept. makes 22 years. I REFUSE to use the bathroom with the door open if my DH is home,other than a shower,then he is welcome-toilet is OFFLIMITS,same with him. No bodily functions going on near him. I am a lady and I want him to see me as one. He is a gentleman. We are VERY close,very comfortable with eachother,but still have the respect /mystery/dignity to do some things in the privacy of our own time. I will not allow my Dh to see me shave my legs,clip my toenails to this day. AS far as he know,I just magically have smooth underarms,legs and ladyparts. :) Oh,and I do not do certain things that men do ( as in going #2)...he refuses to believe that,lol... :D Those certain things arent what makes a couple close anyways,it's what you endure through the years-the hardships,the sicknesses,the goodtimes,the badtimes,all the ups and downs-thats what makes you closer.

phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2010