You know those Gogurts..the yogurt in a tube? I freeze them for the kids. I gave one to my daughter and when she was done eating it I looked at the wrapper as I was about to throw it away and noticed the expiration date on it was March 20! Do you think it will be ok since it was frozen?

I feel stupid for even asking...but I'm really unsure :/
Wish I would have checked first.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yep - as long as it's frozen before it expired you're fine. Good way to stock up on yogurt when it's free on sale with a coupon (just don't freeze the sugar free kind - they don't thaw well). In the future, write the date on the box with a sharpie before you freeze it - if you decide to defrost them instead of eating them frozen, you have as many days as there were between the date you wrote on the box and the expiration date. Don't keep them more than 18 months in the freezer, though, they'll start to get watery.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If it was frozen before the expiration date, and I assume it was, then you are ok.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• as long as you froze it before the due date it is fine. You can freeze milk too.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yikes... I really dont know ... I know that I freeze meat and it is still good even though the expiration dates is months ago... but since it is dairy I dont know... I mean there really isnt anything you can do now, just wait and see but I doubt she will actually be sick just from that...

that does sound good though - freezing non-expired ones lol... I am going to do that to ours lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I believe that it would be ok.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• if it was frozen it will be perfectly fine!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• MMM,i dont realle know but if your kid feel sick probably is for that.
    well,good luck!
    BlueballandKids

Answer by BlueballandKids at 4:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yeha..pretty sure it was befor eth eexpiration date. I put several brand new boxes in the freezer several months ago...not even thinking about the expiration date..duh. This is the last box in there and I just opened it today. I don't know bout me sometimes..lol.
    And yeah...glamomommo..they are really good frozen,lol. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010