How to entretaing 2 teens in the summer without spendin $$$?

BoricuaMom2teen

Asked by BoricuaMom2teen at 4:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• video games? a sewing project? making cookies?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Going swimming or hiking, but you'd spend gas money.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Let them walk around the mall. They don't need to buy anything, just window shop or try stuff on for the fun of it. Give them a book!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Why aren't they taking the initiative to identify and do things they want to do? Teens don't need to be entertained!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• They like other Teens r difficult, don't like anything...Since we moved they kind of been well stuck in home. They used to participate in so much and now that it is summer and they don't know anyone, well I feel it is my responsibility to help them get up and get it moving. Treid bikes, walks, pool, and all failed. I guess cooking is a good perspective and sewing to try.
    BoricuaMom2teen

Comment by BoricuaMom2teen (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Video games! Lol but hiking and other outdoor activities are fun and healthier too. It depends on what kind of area you live in. Reading is good, and so is inline skating. It sounds soo old-school but I'm 20 and just started going inline skating for the first time since 5th grade and I love it!! It's fun and awesome exercise.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My daughter has been making videos with her computer. She draws pictures, snaps them with the digital camera, and then sets them to music. She came up with this on her own. I think if your kids are bored they are in the best position to come with ideas to solve that problem. If they can't come up with anything on their own and they shoot down your ideas I'd have them do something like pull weeds. I bet they'll quickly find some other things to do and stop complaining so much if you do that. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• They need to be able to entertain themselves. When my son claims boredom or nothing to do, I point at the lawnmower and the garden tools ... you'd be surprised how quickly he can manage to entertain himself!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Encourage them to volunteer, to join school activities (practices should be starting about now if they haven't already), to start baby-sitting or to get pt jobs (if they are old enough to do so), etc.. Don't encourage them to stay inside and play video games, it's summer. Encourage them to get outside and to be active.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• baseball, soccer, boyscouts, camp there are a ton of scholarships, museums offer specails and free days, sleep overs, camp outs, fishing, hiking, check your local welcome center for hot spots, Our down town has, first mondays and Final fridays, that have family friendly events, like bands, art we even had a doughnut event last month
    gypsysparrow

Answer by gypsysparrow at 1:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2010