Do You ever make time?

For close friends??? I just got an email that made me think, it was how sometimes we live our hurried busy lives and we have no time to listen or tell a friend of how much you cherish them and love them, then one day they are gone and it is then to late to do so.
Can anyone relate?

Asked by older at 4:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • You're so very right. Life is short. We have to make time for those we care about.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I can relate...
    Though I see my close friends 2 to 3 times a year if that.

I moved away from them and now it's hard for them to find the free time. :(

It's sad yes and makes you realize how much they mean to you.
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i dont have any close friends.in fact i dont really have any friends anymore.
    londamg

Answer by londamg at 4:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• londamg, I am so sorry to hear this, there is a lot to say about friends who stand the test of time.

Comment by older (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• for me,, if I ever make time throughout the day, I would sit still for a while, do something for myself for a change, relax,, maybe call a friend,,, but I think that true friends should understand when you are so busy taking care of your family,, after all to most moms the priority of their time is for their kids and home,, if your friends have children of their own they would appreciate your situation better,, if they dont,, try to invite them over to spend a day with you and your family doing your usual daily routine,, then they will get some of the idea.... before my best friend got married, she used to blame me for not calling her so often or even try to see her,,, but now she is married and her a child of her own,, I hardly hear from her, I dont blame her, we call each other in special occasions,, birthdays,, holidays and stuff,,

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i never really established alot of close freinds. i was an army brat and move around alot and by the time he retired and settled down i was in this mind set of screw it.
    but my best freind is my husband anyways :) but i do have lots of close freind over the internet and i make time to talk to them when is ee them on. but thats about it
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I live a couple thousand miles away from my "best friend" we have always called eachother that. well we hadnt seen eachother in 2 yrs and I finally went to her hometown for a visit, for 3 weeks and I would call and text and try to get together but she kept blowing me off. She was sick, had to make dinner, didnt have a sitter whatever, she had a million excuses and we only got together 1 time! Once in two years! and then she said I blew her off! she never called or texted me, I always called her! so i dunno. she hasnt emailed, called or anything in the week that i've been home either.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You know life is short and all of us are guilty of this. We rush and rush through life most of the time not realizing that we are evening doing this. We are not promised tomorrow. So don't put off until tomorrow what you can say today....
    Polishedwoman

Answer by Polishedwoman at 4:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I call my close friends once a week, and I'm lucky enough to work at the same company as my best friend of 20 years so we talk almost daily. There are friends I considered myself close too, but realized I was the only putting in effort to maintain the relationship, so I stopped. I know now who my true friends are and those are the people I maintain the close relationship with, they know I love them. When they don't hear from me like clock work each week - they call me. Its a mutual caring for each other that carries it for the long term. I have the greatest friends who have stuck by me through everything.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yes i can relate but i say it like this if you had a friend that passed away then just think of the good memories you had & know that they loved you & you loved them aswell
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010