whats better for a vegan to drink?

soy milk, hemp milk, almond milk, or rice milk??

redivy

Asked by redivy at 4:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• For what purpose? Like just as a beverage? Rice milk tastes better.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• They all seem pretty similar to me, unless a specific brand puts something else in the milk that the person disagrees with. I've heard almond milk or rice milk taste the best. I am not particularly fond of soy milk. I've only personally tried soy and almond.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• water
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• thank you i dont drink any of them but i am on a very strict vegan diet do to some stomach problems an im lacking some nutrients so i am think of starting to drink something that might help me out a tad bit ive always just stuck to the water :}}}
    redivy

Comment by redivy (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Ah, if you follow the "30 a day" rule, then that should make up the difference. Strive to eat at least 30 DIFFERENT things each day, and that will negate the deficiencies.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• almond naturally contains calcium, in the others the calcium is added. But another great way to get more calcium is to add chia seeds to whatever you cain. They can go on food whole and they are pretty much tasteless but very high in calcium. Not a big fan of processed soy(better to eat it in a more whole form than in a "milk"...and for soy always go organic).
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• ive never heard of that before but i am going to check that out it seems interesting an i do have alot of deficiencies
    redivy

Comment by redivy (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• obbydobbie maybe u can tell me more about the 30 a day thing i tryed finding links on it but no luck :}}}
    i would appreciate it alot
    redivy

Comment by redivy (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• hey are you in any vegan groups on cafemom? they can be a great help. here is one http://www.cafemom.com/group/428
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010