Has anyone had or have a best friend who can never be happy for you it's always about them?

I have a friend who when we talk it's alway a one sided conversation. She only wants to talk about the bad things going on in her life. I feel like I'm in the Toby Keith song I want talk me!!!!!! I have another who is going through a divorce but she always has a smile and she is truely happy for you when something good is going on in you're life. I am sure I am not the only one going through this.

Polishedwoman

Asked by Polishedwoman at 4:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope - that's not a best friend.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think you're right sad but true....
    Polishedwoman

Comment by Polishedwoman (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yes, I seem to run in to those types ONLY I swear!! that's why I have no girlfriends.. Its sad really..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, had a friend like that. Were never best friends for that exact reason.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Ugh, YES! I pretty much still hang out with her b/c I feel obligated. We've been friends for so long but she's just gotten real selfish the past few years.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have two friends that no matter what they are there and are happy for me. As I am for them.
    Polishedwoman

Comment by Polishedwoman (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a friend who thinks everybody wants her. Everybody is jealous of her and talks about everything that happened to her. i can't ever get a word in edge wise. When i began to talk, she'll say,oh hold on, or i'll call you back. We have the same dress style, sense of humor and dance style. She is so cool when we hang out, but if a guy tries to talk to me, she'll jump in and say, oh she's married or hey that guy tried to talk to me first. I think it must be low self esteem, but it always seems to be about her. Her 17 year old daughter acts the same way, and she wont go to school,cuz all the girls what to fight her cuz she has nice stuff, but she has the same better than you attitude as her mom, and her mom wont make her go to school, cuz she says the other kids hate on her. It's a very sad situation. THe girl can barely read or do mat, she is going to be sorry when she gets older, but right now, they both think they're (IT)
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• well that is not nice at all but yeah i had something like that before but dont worry you probably should tell her how you feel & see what she says
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i don't call anyone my best friend who isn't a friend - a true friend cares about you and is not in competition with you for happiness, attention, or pity parties. find some grownups for friends.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Unfortunately yes. The only time she was happy for me is if something bad was going on. Everything was always about her. We aren't close any more, it gets draining trying to protect someone's ego.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010