So how to wein off formula and at what age is best...

just wondering im in between pedis right now due to moving states...and advise on when to get the kiddo off formula and on to yummy organic cows milk? and how do i get him to like his sippy...he likes the straw kind but that is it.

allisonc242

Asked by allisonc242 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• don't wean until 12 months and even then you can keep them on it if you choose. As for weaning off, start supplementing some of the formula with the milk in the same bottle/sippy. If he likes the straw sippy, keep with that. There is nothing that states that they have to use the other kind. We went from bottle to straw sippy to the disposable straw cups to regular cups.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My son was about 17 months because he was a Nutramigen baby after breastfeeding.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I just stopped the formula cold turkey at 13 months. Put regular milk in a bottle & continued with the bottle for a while. Between meals, I gave a sippy cup with water, milk or watered down juice and left it by his toys in the den. I always have a sippy cup with water in it available where he can reach it now. Then once he becomes accustomed to the sippy cup, put milk in it for meals. He can still have a bottle for a while there is no rule as far as I am concerned as to no bottle at all under 2 years. No big deal. My sons teeth are perfect, I just don't let him have it in bed & start brushing if you already haven't. Have fun Momma!!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010