What's a good date night idea when its hot and you dont have alot of money?

My hubby and I are getting a few hrs of alone time while the kids go to the movies with their friends tonight. We are trying to think of something to do to make it a date night. We are eating dinner at home before we drop the ids off at their friends. We are trying to not spend alot of money since we are giving each of the kids money for their movie and goodies. Any ideas ladies? p.s. its pretty hot out today.

TinaFabulous

Asked by TinaFabulous at 4:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you live near a beach? It's always nice to walk the beach. Maybe pack dessert and have a little picnic right there on the beach. If you don't live on the beach a nice walk is still always fun.
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• A walk in the park? Ice cream cones?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• bowling
    skating
    drive-in movies
    or just get a movie from the redbox and have a night in
    If you do that then you can grill out back
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Maybe find a lake & go swimming. Maybe bring a food basket & some beers or something cool to sip on. My DH & i like to play games when we're alone. We'll have a cocktale & get nuts w/ some yahtzee, backgammon or cards. You could also rent a porn...lol, some DH's would love that!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• for dates my hubby and I usually give our son an easy dinner, put him to bed early, rent a movie then I make a nice dinner, like steaks or a fancy pasta and turn the lights down low, sit on the floor and eat on the coffee table while watching our movie. even though we didnt get to go anywhere its nice to sit in a "romantic atmosphere" alone, and not be bothered with waiters, or a bill. So try something like that maybe. or if you only have just the 2+ hours of a movie I dont know that theres much to do other than hop in a cool shower together and see where that takes you! Have Fun!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We dont live near a beach and we do movie night every fri and family game night wed or thursdays. We wanted to do something a little different. Dessert picnic or ice cream cones and a walk would be nice. We dont have any cute coffee shops around. Maybe we can just share a large sundae or something and then window shop.
    TinaFabulous

Comment by TinaFabulous (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We play tennis when we have the time, but when it's really hot, that's just impossible!!! Do you live near any lake or river? Hubby and I like to get a snack (ice cream, kettle corn, something like that) and just go sit by the river and talk.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 4:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• go for a walk, minigolf, go fishing together,bowling
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We always like going bowling. It's fairly inexpensive and just a blast.
    proudmomof2452

Answer by proudmomof2452 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would find a sitter rent a good movie, bottle of wine and have our own private picnic in the living room by candle light.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010