Preemie moms, how old are your babies and how are they doing?

my son was born at 33 weeks 9.5 weeks ago. he's doing really well now other than milk supply issues left over from exclusively pumping most of the time he was in the NICU (and unable to breastfeed) and nipple confusion related to that. he seems perfectly healthy and about like a 5 week old (he's 2.5 adjusted but, ya know, he could have been born at 37 weeks)

i just wondered how some of the older preemies were doing. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 37 doing well. :) Just had a son.

Answer by Bmat at 4:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My twin boys were born at 24 weeks, they weighed 1pound 3 ounces and 1 pound exactly, one of them passed away 5 days after birth, my surviivng twin son weighed 1pound 3 ounces was in the NICU for 3 1/2 months and had pheumo thorax, had seizures, ROP, has 16 hemangiomas including 4 in his liver, and was resesitated 3 times. The doctors said he wouldn't make it but he did, he is now 15 months and is doing amazing. He's still small looks like a 9 month old but he's crawling has recovered completely from eveything and brings us joy to our home everyday. He came home 2 days after his scheduled due date and weighed 4 lbs 10 ounces when he came home. I'm sure your baby will come home soon....preemies are hard to care for but no matter what there miracles! Good luck!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My DS was born at 34 weeks. He was 5 lbs 11 oz and in the NICU for 6 days. He was a little later than his full term brother at things like crawling and walking (still in the normal range), but other than that he has been totally on track developmentally. He is now 8 1/2 and is an amazing, smart, funny, creative little boy. Nothing wrong with this kid at all!
    My DD was born at (I think) about 33 weeks. She is adopted and her birth mom didn't know she was pregnant (drank, smoked, etc.) so we are guessing). She was 3 lbs 2.8 oz at birth, 4 lbs 0 oz when we took her home from the NICU at 18 days old. She is now 12 months, is 18 lbs (in the 20th% for wt, 60% for ht). She is so smart, and so sweet! She is not yet walking but she is trying. She is being watched carefully for developmental delays and is passing all of the tests with flying colors! You'd never know now that she was such a tiny premie.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010