Can a mother be pro choice? I was wondering becuase I AM . what do other moms think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, and I am. I am not for abortions at all, but I want a choice for myself, my daughters, and women all over. This is a personal choice. You can choose to NEVER have the procedure. I love my kids beyond words, but having a baby, in general, should never be mandatory. There are sooo many life-situations that an individual needs to make a choice with support from those in her life--not the government or church. That is my opinion.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes ,I am too.I believe a women has a right to choose to have an abortion or nothave an abortion,It is a personal choise

Answer by louise2 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I'm definitely pro-choice . . . I was pro-choice before I had children and I still am after having children.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Sure. Just because you chose to have your baby doesn't mean you would forbid another woman from having an abortion if she wanted to. So, that's prochoice.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Of course! Pro choice does not mean pro abortion to what some other pro lifers believe we are. It's so damn ridiculous for them to think that. You can be prolife for yourself and prochoice to other women.
    Anonymous

• I am pro-choice. I myself could never have an abortion and wouldn't encourage it if I have daughters, but the right to choose should be there for every woman. There's so many circumstances of why a woman would have one and I don't feel it's governments choice if a woman can or not.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes. I would never, ever have an abortion. I hate abortion. But I believe it is a woman's right to have an abortion, and my feelings about it should not make the decision for Jane Doe down the street whose feelings, circumstances, and beliefs are not identical to my own.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 10:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i am pro-choice to some extent like if you get raped or the doc knows you or the baby can die... but there has been a few cases the mother was expose to die but didn't don't mean i am going to risk my own life.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Just because you give birth doesn't mean you lose the capability to differentiate between personal choice issues and things that belong in the US Constitution.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Of course. I suspect you'll find that most women who are pro-choice would never get an abortion themselves. I would not. But then again I've only walked in my shoes and it is not my place to tell someone else what to do with their body. It's a matter of personal freedom.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 11:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2008