moving heavy stuff late in pregnancy

what can/will heavy moving do to you late in the pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can cause pre-term labor. Unless you have been moving heavy stuff throughout the pregnancy, you don't want to do it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• cause u to go into early labor! i would say make the men move the stuff thats wat they are for! lol so sit back and put ur feet up and relax!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Didnt do anything for me lol I moved 2 wks before my baby was born and it only made more tired and sore :(
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i moved/lifted heavy boxes about a week and a half ago when we moved. didn't do anything (9 months btw)
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• omg thats EXACTLY what i did today ! im 32 weeks pregnant .. and our chest/changing table arrived today by USPS. i was waiting by the door incase the guy came to drop it off , i'll ask him to move it inside (since my DH is at work).. but that smart guy didnt bother to walk upto our door and ring the bell. He left it by the garage (which really pissed me off coz it was raining). i went online to track it and found out it was delivered ! so i went outside and discovered my furniture item half soaked in rain. i half dragged, half pushed and half rolled it inside my garage in order to save it from getting all wet. im hoping it doesnt effect my pregnancy :-s
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If at all possible I would not do it, it can cause you to go into early labor.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• it just depends, are you used to it? I was lifting a king-size mattress and a full size sofa couch during my pregancy, but i had been working at a mattress store before i got pregeunt.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010