help????????

ok my mom has my 4yrs old son. She has had him for about 2 yrs and he calls her mommy and calls me momma and i dont like that. I keep telling him thats grandmaw and im your mom. But then my mom gets mad about that. She never brings him to see me and moved 35 mins from here and i only see him once a week and thats becuase i go see him. I want my son back and its so hard for me to tell my mom im afraid she will take me to court and everything. She has him because me and my son dad was having problems and i have never got him back and I MISS HIM SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Please help me . I cry and pray all the time. what should I do? Also i have full sow custdy of him court ordered,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• First of all, don't be selfish. Truly consider what is best for your son. Even though you want him to yourself, who do you believe will be able to give him the best chance in life? And think of how traumatic it would be for him to be away from the person who has been like a mother to him for the past two years. You have to consider more than your own feelings, here, because he is what should be most important here. Have you tried to sit down and have a talk with your mom about your feelings? Could you two work something out that allows you both to spend time with him?
    shawnaquijada

Answer by shawnaquijada at 9:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If you have full custody why not just go and pick him up?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I'm sorry your mom is pulling this power trip on you. But if you feel like you are ready and able to take care of your son properly then go and pick up your son. You have a court order, just go get him.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If you have full court ordered custody.... go and get him. Make sure your life is together so that if she does try to take you to court she will have nothing to use against you.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Right. Have the court order in hand and the cops at your side. Visit the police station in your mom's town & explain the situation. As long as you have the court order for them to read they should have no problem escorting you to her house to pick up your son. Have a car seat with you, your driver's license (and his birth certificate wouldn't hurt) and drive a reliable car. continued...

OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 9:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Okay you and your son's dad were having issues so you had your mother look after your son, I"m assuming your son's father is no longer in the picture and that's why you have full custody of your son. Go and get your son!!!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• No matter how you handle this, it will get ugly so your best bet is to go with the police right from the get-go. I would also caution you to NOT tell your mom in advance that you're coming. Or anybody else who might tip her off. The element of surprise is the what's best in this situation so she doesn't try to disappear with your son. If the police don't help you out then you need to call CPS to see if they could help. If your mom doesn't co-operate then she may be cited with kidnapping. A family law attorney should be able to help you also. Good luck!!!
    OldrWizrMom

• I don't understand why all the other people answering you are telling you to take such drastic measures. If you left your son with your mother for the past two years, you obviously feel that she is a good provider for him. Simply because you have changed your mind about the situation doesn't mean you should rip your son away from the woman who has been raising him and might actually be providing him with a better life than he would've had. Put his feelings and well-being first in your mind and the right choice should come to you.
    shawnaquijada

Answer by shawnaquijada at 10:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• So when the father left the situation why did u just take him back? Why have you waited 2 yrs to do this? Plus, I cant blame the boy for calling your mother mommy, she is basically all he knows so its natural for him to do that....
    Anonymous

• MAN GO GET YOUR BABY YOUR MOM DIDNT CARRIE THAT KID NINE MONTHS AND GO THREW LABOR AND EVEYTHING. YOUR MOM CANT PROTECT YOU FOREVER YOU NEED TO RAISE YOUR OWN CHILD AND MAKE YOUR OWN MISTAKES BE ACCOUNTABLE! I TWO YEAR OLD CALLS HIS GRANDMA MOMA AND ALL OTHER OLDER FEMALES THAT BUT HE CALLS ME MOMMY SOMETIMES KIDS DONT KNOW ANY BETTER, AND MAY SOMETIMES YOU SHOULD BE3 THANK FULL THAT SOMEONE CARES TO HELP YOU OUT WHY NOT TALK TO YOUR MOM AND COME TO AN UNDERSTANDING
    JESSICA101306

Answer by JESSICA101306 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2008