feeling very discouraged, just wanna cry

I had my weekly today at 38 weeks and my midwife couldn't find my cervix, she said it was high & posterior. She said the head was very low. She said the baby was in a bad position too. Her back is against my right side and she's looking at my left side, Dr said she has to switch positions before she engages or labor will be very hard. This is also why im having terrible backaches. I've been having awful braxton hicks, they're very painful. I'm also having a lot of stinging in my crotch and constipation for days. This is my 2nd pregnancy, and it was nothing like this for my son. When the Dr told me my cervix was high & posterior i just wanted to cry, i feel like theres no end in sight now. I'm so miserable and uncomfortable i cry everyday. I'm getting really discouraged and depressed because i really felt like I was getting close to the big day, then i heard the news today, and now im just really upset.

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• your baby could always change positions at any moment and get into the ready position when he/she feels like it. i am sorry u r in a lot of pain but eventually the baby has to come out. weither its c section or vaginal. i know you are problaly tired of hearing that. i know i sure as hell was when i was that far along. good luck tho. :)
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 5:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am so sorry to hear this and hope that you can hang on just another little bit. Once your little one gets here, it will all be worth it. That may not be any consolation now, but you are in the home stretch now! Hugs!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• mama don't worry so much, it happened in my 2nd pregnancy as well. Yes he labor was hell ( I went natural) but don't think about just think about getting that LO out and the pain is all worth it. Don't focus on it or it will get to you, focus on something else, something that is a hell of a lot better then this.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'm sorry hon, but just think, it's almost over, soon you will have a sweet baby in your arms! I don't have any experience in this from my pregnancies but I just want you to know I'm thinking of you, now go take a warm bath or have your SO give you a nice massage, you deserve it. And chocolate. Chocolate always helps. *hugs*
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Im Praying For You.. And remember the body knows when its not happy So how do you think it will function with you feeling stressful..Everythings gonna be alright!
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• you still have 2 weeks until your estimate due date. your baby could change positions, and so could your cervix. the stress of worrying about it is not good for you or your baby, and since there is nothing you can do about it, stop. dont worry yourself sick.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• get yourself to a chiropractor. you'll be more comfortable and if you are alined baby is likey to get in a better birthing position. Google chiropractic and pregnancy. good stuff!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• the baby can chage position dont feel bad, dont think about it to much take care....
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010