What can I do for my sons first birthday?

His birthday is in the middle of December.
We live in an apartment.
We have a lot of family members (50) that would be coming.
We are strapped for money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Cake and ice cream? (and take lots of photos!) It doesn't have to be some big elaborate thing! And you sure shouldn't do something you can't afford either.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• HMM tuffy

maybe see if you can rent a room in a church and order pizza
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• we never go that big for b-days. We do cake and invite the grandparents
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• DON'T OVER DO IT! The baby isn't going to remember, or even get that excited about it this year. My daughter just turned 3 this month & it was the first party that we actually had for it. Every other year we've been out of town, & just did something special with the family members we were with at the time.
    kimi9507

Answer by kimi9507 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Have your son's party earlier in the month of December or he won't get any presents! Or actually he will get one Christmas/Birthday present and that is how it will always be) I would reccomend the first weekend of the month of December. You can do a half and half party- Trust me it works! Invite half the guests on Saturday early in the day like 12noon- 3 pm and the other half from 4pm-7pm. Get a sheet cake from Sam's club with the little cupcakes around them,.They are about $20.00. You can take out the sheet cake or the cupcakes for whatever group that it suits. Mostly, people show up at different times so that will be the great thing about it. As far as your budget goes, Make a huge pan of Turkey Sausage with Spinach lasagna, salad and some bread sticks, soda,a pot of coffee and call it a day. The party is strictly for the baby and he won't even know whats going on. decorate his high chair and take pictures/video.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 8:41 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I spend about $50 tops for my kids parties, most of that is for the food. Turkey/Spinach mostaccioli, season some chicken wings and bake in the oven, salad and the case of soda. I don't worry about decorations, or any of that- its not important. We have a great time and my kids get some great stuff. Don't worry about it too much, if yoiu invite 50 people, expect maybe 30 will show up. Good luck!
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 9:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010