Am I being Neglectful?

For the last two weeks of my pregnancy I have not been myself... and my poor three year old stays at home with me.. I feel like for the last week all he has done is wake up eat watch movies, play by himself, and go to bed. Dad has a very Odd Schedule and his work is from 10 pm till 9 in the morning so he sleeps during the day. I have felt so horrible this past week physically and havent been sleeping very well.

I took him to the pool all last week but this week has just been hard and I have given him nothing to do.. I hardly talk to him either because I just dont feel like talking, I still love on him and play a little but Not the way he is used to. Hes been fine its me that is not sure.

Also too we just moved about 1 month and half ago so he doesnt have anybody his age to play with. Thankfully my husband's family is coming and will be here for two weeks, and then my mom follows.

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 5:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe you haven't been able to be as attentive as you'd like but if he's clean, fed, and safe, you're not being neglectful. This will pass and things will improve ... hang in there!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• :(( i think you should definitely talk to someone! and to him more, too!! kids are very intuitive!!!
    ahasugar

Answer by ahasugar at 5:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• how far along are you?
    ahasugar

Answer by ahasugar at 5:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i am being induced this saturday.

Btw did I mention the past two I havent been sick, with non stop heartburn that is not gone away no matter how many tums I take.
    UAFwife

Comment by UAFwife (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'm sure he's fine. He does need some extra special attention before the baby arrives. Makeup games or artwork. Keep it simple.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I agree with the first poster, you haven't been neglectful.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 5:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I understand that your not feeling totally normal but to be honest you should really try to set an hour aside for him to do something with you even if your not feeling great. I have been in the same position you are right now so I can understand but your poor LO does need to be stimulated. Maybe you can both sit on the bed together and color. Take him to a park and watch him play. Palau hide and seek, take for a walk, stack toys or read books.Really anything at his age will excite him and you still can relax or not exert too much energy. Good luck
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 6:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think he is fine,Children understand more than we think,I use to be the same way when my son was 3 and I was expecting my daughter, what I use to do if he is watching tv I would call him and put him in the bed with me even if I did nt talk to him,I knew he feel how much I love him, so don't feel bad he knows you love him,Children have more understanding.
    momof117

Answer by momof117 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• your fine its normal not playing and etc you dont feel well i havent been able to play with my lil ones like i use to i miss it too and cant wait until the babys born and go back to normal your not being neglectful.on the playing i do the best i can and etc i still talk to mine
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010