Sharp pain down my inner thigh?

I keep getting a really sharp pain down my inner thigh. what is it? im 38 and a half weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used to get sharps pains all over around that time i think its just muscle cramps but not really sure...sorry cant be more help
    steelersmomof4

Answer by steelersmomof4 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It sounds to me like a pinched nerve in your lower back. When your baby is in certain positions, it puts pressure on the nerves and they send pain to other parts of your body. The upper spine controls the nerves to your arms and upper torso. The lower back controls the nerves to your buttocks and legs. There is not a whole lot of room for the baby to move right now, so s/he has settled into position for birth and, unfortunately, will probably continue to put pressure on that nerve. You could try sitting or laying in different positions to see if that will give you any relief. Good luck!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• ?

Round ligament pain generally refers to a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache that pregnant women commonly feel in the lower abdomen or groin, starting in the second trimester.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i hav eit now and i am only 9 weeks
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 9:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010