Anybody has a baby model?

Just curious how it is. A modeling agency is interested in my dd and I am curious as to what I am getting into.

MsHouseWife

Asked by MsHouseWife at 5:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I used to work for one of those companys who find you in the mall. Message me and I can give you details. Sarah Knapp
    SarahNKnapp

Answer by SarahNKnapp at 6:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Oh no this is not through the mail.
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I wasn't interested in having an unpaid career in shopping my kid around to photo shoots, etc., mostly because I've done a bit of that work and it's exceedingly dull... but what I do know is:

If that agency is suggesting that you pay for ANYTHING at all --photo shoots, portfolios, business cards, headshots-- RUN, do not walk away. Run away.

There are a lot of shysters in the business happy to exploit parents of cute (and ugly) babies who are easy to con using flattery and empty promises.

Above-board agents get paid a percentage of the model's income, and 100% of the up front expenses are theirs because they are convinced this 'product' is profitable for them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It is a real business. They recieve 20%.
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Read the fine print carefully and then read it again. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Every legal aspect will be checked out. Just wondering about the other stuff
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yes, my youngest 2 are child mdels, with a reputable agency, we have to supply the updates, comp cards, and all of that- but they do get bookings. The agency gets a percentage of their earnigs, and so far have made a nice little nest egg.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 8:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010