Do you make your own baby food?

MDT09

Asked by MDT09 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes. why not? its easy as a food processor and much less expensive.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I did once and then didn't the next time, having found that by simply waiting until they were biologically capable of eating food (around 6 months) I didn't have to buy or make baby-specific foods.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I don't fuss that much. I offered fork mashable and soft foods or small pieces of food starting at 7 1/2 months when my baby had tongue manipulation skill and no tongue thrust and stole food from my plate. avocado, butternut squash, ripe pear, soft apple, kiwi, blueberries out of my pancakes, finger crushed beans. in a month it quickly moved to fresh pieces of blueberries, peas, asparagus, broccoli when she began developing pincer grip. we mealshare no such thing as baby food :) if it comes soft or is normally cooked that way i load a spoon and let her have at it, or i might help guide it, or just let her use her hands. she self feeds even if i hold it and she takes it. she's 10 months old now.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It takes a lot of time but if you have the time go for it. Go to the labrary and get some books there are some great ones. I learned that I love making my own squash, peas, and carrot baby food. Those are easy. I would also recommend Jessica Seinfeld (spelling) book about adding pureed veggies to regular food. Not because of the hiding factor but the recipes are great!
    mytwocutegirls

Answer by mytwocutegirls at 6:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, I did.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would soon, my daughter is turning 6 months this Saturday
    Lucy124

Answer by Lucy124 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, I did.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yes I did when my DD was a baby.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I did, and she loved it. There is a very limited supply of jarred baby foods. There are only certain types of fruits and vegetables. When you make your own, you can give other things. I made asparagus, spinach, artichoke, mango, etc. Now, she loves fruits and vegetables. It does get to be a little time consuming, but it is well worth it.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2010