can a tilted uterus effect pregnancy or labor and delivery?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 6:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine was badly tilted and I carried and gave birth vaginally to three children, so I think it must have a way of taking care of itself. Just before I became pregnant with my third, the doc told me that with my uterus being in the position it was, there was no way I could become pregnant. He was very, very wrong and my son is now 32.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Mostly, no. It's just a variation of normal.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• By the time you are in your 10-12th week of pregnancy your uterus will no longer be tipped, and only in rare cases does the uterus not move into the middle position. If the uterus does not move into this position then it is possible for a miscarriage to occur, but it is rare that the uterus does not move into this position
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• By the time you reach full term it will no longer be tilted
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 6:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My retroverted uterus had no effects whatsoever on my pregnancy, labor, or delivery. It made checking the cervix a bitmore complicated, but that was it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My doctor told me that a lot of women have a tipped uterus, and it can occur in anyone. However, it can be more difficult to get pregnant with a tipped uterus. I don't believe that though. Mine is tilted backwards and baby number 4 will be coming soon.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2010