If you have a college degree and had do-overs, what would you have majored in?

I did want to major in music but then I realized I would either be performing in a group at night or teaching during the day (or both) and didn't want to do that.

How about you?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in

• my degree is in Family Studies and i would definitely do a do-over in Education or History. the only jobs i could get in my field are social work and im just not strong enough to do that job. im actually working on some do-overs starting this semester so i can get my major in another field.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think almost everyone reaches that moment about your junior year too as to if you want to change your major. I know I did and so did my friends. It happened to my husband too.

I did accounting and then went back after I got married and had my kids and went for child development. I loved it! Wish I would have the first time. But I guess things happen for a reason.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 6:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have my degree in education, and would keep it the same but if I had to choose another major, it would be psychology.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would have gone into nursing. My degrees are in Sports Medicine and Exercise Physiology!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I started out for nursing, then changed to general, then back to nursing, I am now majoring in human services! It is such a big decision!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 6:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Definitely something more practical like psychology or social work. I did theatre....now I want to work in the social work field and no one takes me seriously. It sucks.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 6:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Mine is Public Management and I think that has been the best road. I minored in criminal justice. I had originally wanted my major to be c.j. but thank goodness my Mom talked me out of it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would have just stayed and majored in SOMETHING! I know it's never too late to go back, but I can't right now. I hope to in the future and hope to stick with it the 2nd time around!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a degree in accounting and worked in that field for a while. IVe moved and wish I had gone into Nursing now.
    SarahNKnapp

Answer by SarahNKnapp at 6:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would have still wanted the same degrees. I enjoyed my jobs and my university education really helped me.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010