Need some advice and uplifting :( Feeling sad.

My son will be 1 in a few weeks. His whole infancy up to this point, he has been OBSESSED with me. Wanted only me to hold him and cried for others. Followed me around, only smiled alot around me, rarely cried when I was with him. Now, things have started to change. He went through a period of seperation anxiety with me where I couldn't take a shower or leave the room without him crying. Obviously I had do to those things so he would cry for only a few minutes until I came back. I am a SAHM so everyday I have things to do around the house so I can't hold him or play with him every second like he wants me to. I try my best to spend as much quality time with him as I can but before I know it, its 10pm and he's down for the night. Lately I've noticed he doesn't want me as much anymore and sometimes pushes me away to go to his grandparents or his dad and its making me really sad. I feel like he doesn't want to be cont...

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are a GREAT Momma! That being said, I went through the same thing with my DS. Then when he started to gravitate to others and be a little sassy with me, I felt the same way as you. It used to happen the most at my MIL house and she seemed to revel in it! Arggggg. Anyway, Their little personalities change from day to day and it happens so often & so fast that you probalbly won't remember feeling like this next month. You just reminded me now of this actually & my DS is 3. You are his world but now he's curious about new things, but I can tell you, you will always really be #1 even if he doesn't show it right now. Be happy Momma! Soon he'll be going to the Prom & we will really have our hands full then!!! Have a Great night :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• He's growing and changing and becoming more independent. He's learning that the world doesn't revolve around his mother. He's learning how to connect with other people. It's all very normal and his moving away from you is just a phase that won't last. It's ok.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's because of all your wonderful mothering that he now has the confidence to reach out to others. Pat yourself on the back for being a good mom and don't worry.....he still needs you tons! Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• around me as much anymore because I do all the things he doesn't like, like changing his diaper, giving him a bath, changing his clothes, etc. and is associating me with all those bad things and everyone else with good things like playing with him. I guess I just don't know what to do and I'm feeling like I did something wrong or am doing something he doesn't like that is making him not want me as much. :( I could just cry.
    Ash9724

Comment by Ash9724 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• its ok same thing happend with aiden up untill he was about 1 then he wanted only daddy up untill a few weeks ago and now its back to me. he is 20 months right now. they go threw phases. its ok mommy give him time.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's just part of him growing up and becoming indepdent, although it might be a little hard now, it'll be good for you both in the long run.... and remember you'll always be his biggest love!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010