Fever.

How much Fahrenheit should it not reach too high? My dd is feeling little hot than normal, I'm not sure whether I should go ER or just constantly check on her since it's going down alittle bit.

Bubbles_mommy

Asked by Bubbles_mommy at 6:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Most parents rush to the ER unnecessarily. When in doubt just call your ped or the nurse line. Most drs have an answering service that pages them for patient's calls after hours. What is her temp? At 10 months old DS had a temp of 104, I called and they told us to keep him home and try to get it down ourselves, which we were able to do.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• 104 is high... but depends on how old you child is... young babies should be taken in right away for any fever... toddlers and children 103-104 is high...would watch it and treat with motrin unless you feel it is something serious and take him/her in tomorrow
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 6:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• How old is your daughter? Infants they say if it goes to 104 take them in, however try some baby fever reducer first. Id say if it doesnt go down with that and stays above 100 take her in.
    SarahNKnapp

Answer by SarahNKnapp at 6:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I couldn't have said it better than mrsmama. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• She's 9 months old. Thanks for the advice
    Bubbles_mommy

Comment by Bubbles_mommy (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010