Just Wondering...

Just had my first baby thought that it would be an adventure and i dont know if it is just me but this summer has been a complete drag. Everyone is enjoying there summer theme parks beaches parks and what not and what am i doing sitting in the house all day long. Are any new time moms going threw the same thing? Is this what life is with a baby and how come i get the bad end of the stick? Ugh i think im going insane litterally. No friends. Nothing to do but play with the baby that sleep most of the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, this is what life with a baby is ...
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I felt that way till I got a Moby wrap. Get yourself something to "wear" your baby in and get out there! There are plenty of mom groups out there to join
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i know exactly what you mean!! if your mother is around, see if she will babysitt for you occasionally so that you can get out of the house. if its not too hot out, you should take your baby for a walk outside. and dont worry, by next summer, it will be much more enjoyable for you both! youll have a little buddy to do things with. but definatly haveing a sitter and getting some time for you, helps alot. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• awww i am sorry mommy but it does get better when they are more awake and alert. honestly enjoy the quiet while u can. i have 3 kids, a prechooler,a toddler and a newborn and a husband who just left for overseas. my house is NEVER quiet untill its time for me to go to bed. then normally Emma's up two ro three times a night. plus random phon calls and what not. do you have a car to get out of the house and do shopping or anything?
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Dont worry, when baby grows bigger, there will be more interaction. And you can take your cute baby out for shopping or walk around
    Lucy124

Answer by Lucy124 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i have no car currently and my baby hasnt gotten all his shots so the doctor advices not to go any where. My mom watches the baby from time to time when she can or isnt out doing her own thing h/e i feel if i had people around on a day to day basis going thru the same thing maybe it will be different but even when i was pregnant it was like this i just thought things would change.
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 7:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Can you get in touch with the hospital where you had the baby (if you did) and ask about mom's groups? Your Dr. might have info on some also. Just one idea..........Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• it does feel that way at first, but i promise it will change!!! go to the libary w baby and i bet money you will meet other moms there. google groups to join in you neighborhood. and once your baby is old enough to take to the park you could meet other mommies. your baby will start to be tons of fun soon and you can take them all sorts of fun places where you both can have fun!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• get a wrap/sling or mei tai. wear your baby (properly of course) and go enjoy the world and share it with your baby!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You don't have to stay locked up in the house.  My baby is 1 week old today and already we have been to target twice, costco once and out to eat twice.  We also sat outside during our annual block party.  If it wasn't so hot and I wasn't so sore from  my c-section we would be out going for walks.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010