How many of you are happy with your American car ? How many prefer foreign cars?

I have had many American cars in the past and all of them gave me problems. Today I have a ToyataRav4 . I am very happy with it . I don't think I will ever have faith in American cars? How many of you are happy with your American car ? How many prefer foreign cars?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Americans are lazy. They don't work as hard because they know if something happens to their job they have welfare to fall back on.

Most asain countries don't have that option, so their workers work harder because they know if they loose their job ...they could starve.

HOWEVER, if we ever want america to recover from this recession (and possibly soon a depression) we HAVE to start purchasing things that were made right here in America and supporting our own country.

The best American made car i ever drove (didn't actually own it, it was my ex-fiance's truck) was a Ford Ranger.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We have a Toyota and a Pontiac. We've had them both for more than 10 years and they have been great and we are obviously happy with them since we still have them. : )
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We have a 10 year old Buick Regal. Love it still.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I HATE my 2009 Chevy Impala. It is a piece of junk. To think I paid more that stupid car then I did for my home just makes me more angry every time I have to go someplace or look at it in the driveway. My next car will be a Ford. I will never again do business with GMAC or any GM company. I have driven all types of cars, all makes and models, but this piece of crap, Impala is really the worst. I am almost at the point of break even, so when I dump this mess a car for a Ford, it will be a wash. (Kelly Blue Book Value vs new car price) That "we will buy it back from you if you don't like it, was a LIE)

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I love my 2010 Chevy Equinox!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The best cars we've had have been Chrysler/Dodge (SUV, minivans, trucks, cars), Saturn cars (made before GM took over), or Ford (truck, car). The crappiest cars we've had have been foreign-made (Nissan, Toyota). Maybe it's just our luck. My son has a Mitsubishi Eclipse and he's thrilled with it. My dad's owned GM trucks for the past 20+ years and has been perfectly satisfied.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I feel the same way, my mom has had 3 ford cars and all of them needed transmissions and this one she has now will need another transmission and she had to put in a new engine.
    LaMamiDeJase

Answer by LaMamiDeJase at 7:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My parents and aunt & uncle always bought Toyota and I thought they were little tin cans. I had a Chevy Cavalier, crappy overpriced car. I really shopped around when I bought my Ford Taurus. It has more power than a Honda Civic and cost less to insure than Toyota or Honda plus I love the size of it! A real car for a change!
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• All of the Fords we've ever had have been great. We will NEVER buy a foreign car. Like outstanding, we have an old Ford Ranger that has kicked butt - DH bought it with 11 miles in 1995 and it has outlasted every vehicle any of his family has ever owned.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a Toyota Corolla and a Ford Escape. Both are great vehicles in my opinion. I hate Ford cars though. Every one I've ever encountered was a piece of crap. I will stick with foreign cars and Ford trucks I guess. Also just so people know, Fords might be ASSEMBLED in the USA but a lot of the parts come from foreign countries. I used to work for a company that manufactured car parts.
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 9:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010