Dealing with chin hair

Does anyone have any effective ways of dealing with excess chin hair? I tend to have a lot of it, pluck or waxing it makes me break out so I just end up shaving it, but I was wondering if anyone else knows of a good way to deal with it?

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Creams or laser removal. I prefer tweezers myself and as long as I keep the skin and tweezers clean I don't have any problems.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• you have to much male hor,ones so check your doctor and he or she will refer you to a specialist to get checked they might do lazer treatment if it is severe
    AnikaStoute

Answer by AnikaStoute at 7:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I just shave it every few days. If I shaved any more than that, my skin would be irritated. Fortunately, I have dark skin so the hair is not that noticeable.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I pluck about once a week for about 30 minutes for my chin, neck, and eyebrows. For my upper lip I have one of those personal shavers that can get to that fine blond downy hair that I can't pluck correctly. I do not use the shaver on my neck or chin it just doesn't seeem to work as well. but I agree that if you have a lot you should have your hormones checked. Mine is age, I am mid - late 40's LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Don't worry, my hormones have been checked. And checked and checked and checked....doesn't make the hairs go away though. Treatment for a hormone imbalance may help keep new hair from growing, but it won't make the ones that are already there go away. Laser might make the hair go away for some people though. I spent a fortune on electrolysis and then laser all while on hormone treatments as well over several years and I still have hair. Mine is partly hereditary too. My parents were both hairy.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would wax, but since your against that, I would hit up a dermatologist. A lot of the time they do free consultations
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Its a fact of life. Stray eyebrow hairs on your chin is a fact of life and getting older. Keep the tweezers clean and use stridex after you pluck, you shouldnt get a break out. OR buy a product called Bikini zone and use after plucking. It will also prevent breakouts and ingrown hairs.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• The only reason I even notice or care about the hair is that people are starting to point it out and give me advice on how to care for it. My wonderful little sister even bought me a "smooth away" because she thought I might like it. I was going to get it waxed because it is really dark and noticeable, but my hair stylist says she breaks out when she tweezes and the same thing happens to her when she waxes. My mother actually works for a dermatologist and they said to shave it, I was just hoping there was some random home way to treat it lol. And my hormones have been checked, but it's not the hormones, it's just genetic. I guess I could be worse I could have lots of hand and arm hair and have a mustache.
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• try seeking someone who does sugaring.. it removes hair (4-6 weeks(, but it's suppose to be for more sensitive skin.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• also depends on the type of wax used... try a cold resin wax, you may not have as many problems.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010