when your kids/toddlers cry....

like after they get hurt do they come to you all the time for comfort or try to comfort themselves ?

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 7:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• MOst times my two year old try's and comfort herself but if shes really hurt or has a really bad boo boo shell come to me wanting me to kiss it so i baby her up until it feels better and then she seems to forget anything was ever even wrong lol. gotta love the kids! :)
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 7:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• about 1/2 and 1/2 I guess...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Mine always comes to me....she says BOO BOO!!!!! And brings me her Boo Boo to kiss it. If I ever get hurt or bump into something, she always manages to hear me from the next room. She comes running in saying "BOO BOO? BOO BOO?" Then she has to kiss my boo boo. She's so sweet!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That depends on how bad it is, and my reaction. If he falls ill glance and make sure it wasnt major but try not to pay too much attention because thts when he gets the most dramatic. If i just say uh oh get up and keep it movin he'll laugh say uh oh and get up and go play. but if its bad and he runs to me or i make it to him first i will definitely coddle him until he feels better. Those episodes seem to be more when hes sleepy though!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my dd when she gets hurt- will get MAD and throw things and cry and WONT let me comfort her!
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I usually start by telling her that she is fine, & to dust it off. If she is still upset, then I will cuddle her. But I try to see if she can handle it by herself first.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Depends on what went down that brought the crying on
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 10:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010