Paralegal Work/Education Question

I'm going to Penn Foster right now to my CAREER DIPLOMA....just found out they aren't approved by the ABA (American Bar Association) which means I can't get Certified unless I go for my Associates. Well my question is if I dont go for my AAS and just get a career diploma can I still get a decent paying job as a paralegal? I have experience in criminal law as a Police Evidence Specialist (2 years) and have A LOT of criminal law knowledge, my father was a police officer for 30 years and taught me basically everything he knows lol. What do you ladies think, would excellent work ethic, a paralegal career diploma and tons of knowledge in the area of criminal law be enough to get a good paying job as a paralegal? Thanks for any advice :)

MommieIsSexay

Asked by MommieIsSexay at 7:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes u can
    AnikaStoute

Answer by AnikaStoute at 7:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Unfortunately, you fell into the for-profit school trap. Most law firms won’t take this degree seriously. If you have great secretarial skills, you may be able to find a position with a small firm. Good luck...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010