Should i get a job??

i am a full time student as well as my hubby. we have a 2yr old little girl who requires a lot of attention. My hubby only works part time and although we live in an appt owned by my mom we still have to pay rent and utility's so most of the time we are short in cash. should i get a job and leave my 2yr old in day care? any advice helps

teen_mommy1133

Asked by teen_mommy1133 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• get a pt job that coincides with your and DH scedules then that way there will be no daycare. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If I were you I would get a job and let DH watch the baby. A lot of times day cares are so expensive it's not even worth working.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 7:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If your family is short of cash as you described, yes, get a part time job when your husband isn't working.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It is up to you, but since your husband also works part time maybe you could arrange it so that one of you is home with her. Daycare is rather expensive even part time, so most of your check would go to daycare probably not worth it. Other options to working outside of the home would be taking in other kids you could advertise at school, may older students are looking for child care, and it would allow you to earn cash and spend time with your daughter.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Do you have any interest in doing childcare? Some people don't mind if your child comes with you or will bring a child to your home. Lots of moms now are looking for help during the school year. Check out care.com and sittercity.com to look for possibilities in your area. And follow all the security recommendations on those websites. Good luck no matter what you decide.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• get a part-time home job.. dont put your kid in daycare for some stupid job unless it pays well because you'll pay just for daycare if you make anything below 8$ an hour ..i have a journal on my profile of jobs i do from home ..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am a demonstrator with Gold Canyon, the worlds finest fragrance! We are a direct sales company, offering stay at home moms an income with flexible hours. The best part, you get to take your money home at the end of the night, no waiting weeks for a check in the mail. I'd love to tell you more about the company.
    grayceve.mcguffin@goldcanyon.us
    grayceve

Answer by grayceve at 8:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Who is paying for day care? I don't think it ever balances out leaving your child in day care for a job. Unless you make plenty of moola. Kids are more important than any job. Talk to your landlord. Perhaps you can work something out.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• work from home jobs
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• There are tons of ways to make money from home, without a traditional job. That is probably your best path right now. I make extra money online, and it doesn't cost me a penny. Free Online Jobs

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010