• In the Spotlight:

My 2 month old just got his first shots...

Now what should I expect...

I have the chilrens tyonal.
I know to massage the sore area...

What else can I do to prevent the fever...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is nine months now and shes never had a fever from getting her shots.. I wouldn't worry too much. She always gets fussy for a few hours after, other than that I've never had any bad experiences from them. Good luck.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 9:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• tylenol!*
    Anonymous

• does that baby stuff make a baby sleep?
    Anonymous

• no baby stuff doesn't make a baby sleep they took the pseudophedrine out of the drugs because some parents were abusing its sedative effects. my son just got his shots and he did get a little bit of a fever and he slept for like two days just waking up to eat and make sure he was stillin my arms. if you have your baby on any sort of schedule don't expext to keep it. tylenol and alot of patience and love is all you can do for your baby right now oh and remember that vaccines make adults feel like heck so it's probably worsefor babies.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My dd didn't get a fever her first round, but she goes for her 2nd round tomorrow,..tylenol, always remember that, as much love and care as you can give them.. my dd always slept for 3-4 days after that, only waking up to eat. i've heard a warm bath can help the soreness, but i don't know
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• they dont automatically get a fever, that is a possibility. My son has had a series of shots and has never gotten a fever or a sore or any of the other side affects that could come up.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Tylenol is about all you can do, and let him sleep. Lots of cuddling helps, too! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• yes lots of cuddling kisses love and make him feel comfy ive him a bath and make him feel nice and fresh! put him in some warm jammies....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my daughter just got her 2 month shots and i gave her tylenol right afterwords and she was fine..just alittle cranky but no fever.
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• thank you mommys!

he is doing great!
    Anonymous