Endomitriosis??

I have been having severe pelvic pains, like with diarrhea- only I don't have diarrhea. It has been going on for about a month, sharp pains then subside eventually. Also, lower G.I. bleeding. (after a colonoscopy they found nothing)

Today I went to My gyno because I'm about a month late on my period, and I thought my eggo was preggo. Turns out Im not pregnant, but my Gyno thinks I have Endomitriosis. During my last pregnancy I had a Durmoid Tumor on my ovary and had a surgery 4 mo preggo. She thinks it might have somehting to do with that...

My question is, what are some signs of Endomitriosis?

I have:
Missed Period, Lower G.I. Bleeding, Pressure/cramps, Sharp cramps off and on

My doctor wants to do a surgery to find out if thats what it is. Has anyone else had this surgery? I have a one year old, Im just trying to get a good idea if I'm going to be able to take care of her, or how long is down time.. Thanks

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 7:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• Had the the same thing before they told me i had endo. I was 2 months late when they decided to do the lap. surgery. They found tons of endo all over my organs. After the surgery they put me on a birth control that stops me from having a period. A period is what makes the endo grow, and get worse. So, if you have the surgery, make sure you get on a birth control that stops you from having a period, or else the surgery is useless. I was back to work in a week, and they have you home an hour after surgery. Good luck hun!
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 3:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• they talked about doing the same thing with me, having a surgery to explain the pain I was having. I said no and went with acupuncture.
    you may want to consider it even if you do have the surgery. can help make you stronger for the procedure.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• the best way to determine if it is endo is a lapsroscopic exploratory surgery its very very minor, paind is minimal and is gone within days. I was only down at home for 1 day and then up and running the next with a 1 year old myself at the time. you want them to do this because if its endo they can likely treat it with some hormones either the pill or shots. and it will control the issue, lessen pain etc. if you dont get it done and it is endo in a few years you can get what they call diffuse endo which is what I had. my organs were fusing together and it became nightmare pain
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If that's the case maybe you should try this at iherb.. Nature's Way, DIM-Plus, Estrogen Metabolism Formula.There's a review from someone from Arizona:For women with endometriosis and estrogen dominant systems, this product is wonderful! It gave me much needed relief from my painful endometriosis symptoms. I've used DIM for several years now, and this particular formula is by far the best!

you can get $5 off any order with coupon TAW742 (only valid for one person per household.)
    couponchaser

Answer by couponchaser at 8:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Which surgery is your doctor suggesting? A hysteroscopy or biopsy, or something like that? I had a hysteroscopy, biopsy, D&C, and hydrothermal ablation, and even with all four, it was really easy. I imagine a hysteroscopy and biopsy would be a breeze. I was totally fine the next day.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010