Pet hair

I have tried everything to repel dog hair from my furniture. Nothing works. Any ideas?

LadyJewel0919

Asked by LadyJewel0919 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pets

• Not sure about prevention, but I use a tape roll brush to remove hair off the furniture.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• A manager at a furniture store told me that she puts a sheet over her furniture. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 7:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Unfortunantely there is no way (that I know of) to keep hair off of the furniture other than keeping the pets off of the furniture. To remove the hair I use some Scotch Pet Hair Remover, it works great.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i dont know if you can prevent it but a pet hair attachement for your vacuum may be a good idea. we had one and it worked great.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• What I found that works is putting on a rubber glove, dip it in water and rub over pet hair. Works awesome!!
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 9:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have no clue on how to prevent it besides keeping your pets off of the furniture. We use the vaccum to remove the hair and then follow up with a tape roller to get the hair off and it works pretty good. Also if you have long haired pets you might want to brush them a little more often. Good Luck.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• what i did and it's probably extreme is leather furniture, laminate flooring and have all dogs that don't really shed. shih tzu and standard poodle.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010