Would your dh reacted this way?

I got yelled at for not mailing her check out. He usually takes care of it but this time I let him down. My dh said that I should have mailed it that same day but I honestly forgot I look at it like this as long as she gets her checks within the month she should be happy but my dh feels like she has to get it on a timely basis or she just might get upset and take us back for more money. I can see his point but he did not have to yell at me like he did at that moment I felt he was putting her in front of me :(
I told him I am sorry and let's drop it I DO NOT want to argue over this...either way the check is in the mail.
What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine wouldn't yell at me. He would say to mail it out and then give a courtesy call to let her know it was going to be a bit later than usual. If you guys are normally on time then it shouldn't be an issue.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Actually I act like that when I'm scared, and it sounds like he has a very good reason to be scared. Please, let it go.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• He just sounds scared. He probably didn't mean to react like that and he will most likely apologize later too.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No, my dh wouldnt YELL at me for that but I can see him getting irritated about it if I had said I'd mail it out for him and then I forgot to.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• laura has a good point. he may be a little scared. i would talk to him about it and let him know how it made me feel.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think he probably just reacted out of fear too-
    maybe you should just set a date on the calendar to remind you both about it, then ask your DH if he took care of it or not.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Mine wouldn't yell, but he doesn't yell at anyone. He would be upset though. My son has a court ordered DATE his support is due. I think it is written up something like "must be recieved no later than the 10th of the month" If he is late she can tack on a late charge. If he can't prove she had it by then. She has taken him back to court for being one day late 2 months in a row. I don't condone his yelling, but you said it yourself. He depended on you and you let him down. At this point I would let it go.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am sorry he treated u like this. Just try to mail it on time so this won't happen again.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am assuming yoiur talking about an ex wife? In that case it is NOT you responsibility to mail her check to her its his. He was married to her not you. Its his responsibility. My husband would not have acted that way as he takes care of his own responsibilities, I take care of mine and we take care of ours. He needs to get a grip and not pass the buck.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Mine gets upset when I forget things. He just cares about things. So yeah I could see my husband doing this. I just try to do better next time!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010