What is insomina,someone who can't sleep and someone who sleeps a little?

I sleep for a few hours and then am awake in the middle of the night,is that insomina?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• that sounds like insomnia.
    i can't sleep at night, but for like 2-3 hours .. but could sleep all day.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Insomnia is when you have difficulty getting to sleep, and/or staying asleep. I have dealt with it since I was in 10th grade.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i have had chronic insomnia since i was 15 over 22 years. untreatable. i have days i cannot sleep at all and then fractured sleep were i am waking up every couple hours. it sucks
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I've gone for as long as 3 weeks on a total of about 2 hours of sleep before. I've slept maybe an hour a night sometimes. Lay in bed for hours before actually falling asleep.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• A normal healthy person will wake up in the night, an insomniac will have great difficulty in falling back asleep after they've woken up.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2010