how do I get rid of this pain? :-(

Hi,

I know your not medical doctors, but I was kinda hoping maybe if someone here knew what this was or could share some information. I don't have health insurance and really can't go to a doctor. I'm hoping to get on Dh's insurance, but we can't until Nov. I've been dealing with health concerns for years now and maybe if I can get a clue as to what it is I can take steps to help myself. Maybe diet, or something else.

Anyway, for about 5 yrs I've been dealing with headaches in my sinuses and also pain that seems to wrap around the back of my head at the base of my skull. I also have pain in my jaw. I have sever stiffness and pain also in my neck and shoulders. I feel achy most of the time and when I wake in the am my muscles are so stiff it's hard to move around and it takes awhile before I can move somewhat normally again. Recently, due to a trip to the ER I've learned I have gallbladder stones, GERD and an ulcer.

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• CONTINUED
    I've always tried to eat healthy and recently turned Vegan because I don't seem to tolerate fats well. I don't do artificial sweetener, sugar, MSG, and most bad for you foods. I don't drink and have never smoked although I have been around second hand smoke.

Any idea what causes this and how it can be relieved?

Thanks so much for your time. :-)
    Anonymous5

Comment by Anonymous5 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• How old are you? The headaches sound like the pain I suffered from my wisdom teeth. Perhaps it is something dental.
    Mandiii04

Answer by Mandiii04 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• 35.....my wisdom teeth were removed a few yrs back
    Anonymous5

Comment by Anonymous5 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• none of your pain sounds diet related. You would most likely have this regardless of your health level. You could have sinusitis, you could have a pinched nerve, you could have a dental infection, you could have TMJ. There's really no way to tell with the information you've given.
    Here are some things I can think of off the top of my head.
    If you sleep on two pillows, try just using one, especially if you tend to sleep on your side. Cocking your neck like that can cause nerve pain.
    Consider purchasing a night guard. Ask your SO if he's ever heard you grind your teeth at night. Even if he says no, you could still be clenching. The tension can radiate up and down your neck and arms, around your skull, and since all those muscles are connected, the tension travels like dominos.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would do some research on Lyme disease from a tick & lupus. I had my Gallbladder out and the pain is like really bad gas with no gas & back pain. Hope you feel better soon. Simple blood tests can confirm these. Have you had your heart checked, maybe in the ER? Did they do an EKG? Do you use a lot of insecticides? Stop using them too. Jaw pain (if not from the teeth) can be related to the heart & chemical poisoning from insecticide use.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010