TTC and inlaws

so we decided to TTC and our lil guy will be 10.5 months when we do putting our children around 20 months apart if we were to get preggo right away which might not happen.

So my MIL who I have problems with anyway has a friend who's daughter is currently preggo with number 2 and her children will be 23 months old when the new baby is born. We were like so we heard she was having another baby. My MIL said I know its ridiculous that is way to dang close she must not love the one she has if she is having another one so soon. My hubby and I just looked at each other.

We have decided to not tell anyone we are TTC because we don't know how long it might take and when we do get preggo if its early..how would you handle this?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds like she knows too much about your personal lives. I wouldn't even tell her if I got pregnant. It's none of her business how many kids you and her son have or what the age difference is. She's definitely got some issues.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Ignore her. Conception and children are between you and your hubby
    LadyJewel0919

Answer by LadyJewel0919 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• ignore her. The amount of time between your children are up to you and your husband
    willysmama

Answer by willysmama at 8:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Do what is best for you and your family. When the time comes ignore the fact that she said that and casually say you are thrilled because your first has brought you so much joy you wanted to have another...........you know, something to that effect. Be proactive. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Don't tell her you were trying. Things happen and there is no possible way for you to control when a pregnancy happens. Also I find that opinions like these change when it's your own family.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I don't know. She was really sad we got pregnant the first time. And she knows I have an IUD in.....we are married 5 years. Both have master's degree but she is so mean about it.....
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My first two are 20 months apart and I adore them both!
    Your MIL needs to stay out of your business.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My mother in law is the same way. VERY forward, and always has to say something about something. I would just keep it to yourself. It your buissness what you guys do. If you tell her before you get pregnant, and she will say something to change your mind. If you tell her after, then she cant say anything. GOOD LUCKY!
    faithfully2God

Answer by faithfully2God at 2:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2010