Did you tell ppl you were TTC?

Did you share the fact that you were TTC even though it could take awhile?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes and no. our families know we are wanting/planning on having another one, and my mom even knows what time of year i plan on giving birth in. but we dont tell them the dates we are actually ttc or stuff like "well we had sex last night so i might be pregnant"...cause thats really creepy and WAY tmi for our families haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No, we didn't tell people either time. My sister-in-law got married and started TTC immediately, and let everybody know they were. And nothing happened. Everytime she saw her mother-in-law her mil would ask if there was any news. She told me that it got heartbreaking after awhile. They finally ended up adopting children 5 years later. And I had a friend that told everybody they were TTC and it took 9 months before they did, and every month until then, people would ask if they had any news (she told me she wished she'd never told anyone about TTC and if they had another child, they weren't going to let anyone know until the child had been conceived). So we decided to keep it a secret so that it would be less disappointing if it didn't happen right away.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 8:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• yes, I felt no need to hide the fact that we were TTC
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 8:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• nope feels ackward because then they always try to bring it up in a conversation
    Lori1818

Answer by Lori1818 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, I did. I was just too emotional about it to keep it a secret. DH was the one who never said a word.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• no. i didnt think it was anyones business but ours.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010