Induction?

For those of you who were induced (or are planning to be induced) BEFORE your due date, what were the reasons for the induction?

LuvMySavage

Asked by LuvMySavage at 8:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was induced at 38 weeks with my 3rd due to concerns over size - my 1st was too large for me (8 lbs 9 oz), his shoulders got stuck in the birth canal and they had to break his collar bone to get them out. The recovery from my 1st vaginal birth was way worse than 2 c-sections I've had since then.

Answer by missanc at 8:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was induced with both of my pregnancies. Why? Low amneotic fluid. I was 35 weeks with my first and 36 weeks with my second. Anything below 5cm of fluid is considered dangerous. My first I was at 2 and after 48 hours on fluids it didn't come up enough. And with the second it was even lower, 1.8cm. My hubby is a lot bigger than my petite frame, so we think that had a little to do with it. Both my sons were in the 7 pound range, even a month early. They just run out of room. And were in the 90th percentiles until a year old, then they started to slow their growth some, but still up in the 75%.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was induced at 39.3 weeks. I had been having contractions for almost a whole month and had been dialated to 2 1/2 centimeters for a little longer than that. My doctor was worried about infection and other problems that could occur.
    tink0922

Answer by tink0922 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010