Is there any good Anti Vax groups? adult content

My kids are 3 and 7 mo and are up to date on their vax. But I have decided I do not want to continue vaxing and think it would be nice to be apart of a group of supportive moms

Mom.Since07

Asked by Mom.Since07 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Choosing not to vaccinate and Educate before you vaccinate
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Vaccinations are deemed safe by authentc Doctors/Pediatricians...graduates of Medical Schools. If you join a group, make sure the Moms have read and researched and aren't just victims of phony so-called Medical professionals who wrote bad things about vaccinations. Just my opinion...since I had all the shots in the 1940's...my kids had all the vaccinations in the 1970's and grandkids have had all their vaccinations/.immunizations in the last 12 years and we are all healthy. No autism. Just be very careful.....I would hate to think that your kids will get polio or measles or whooping cough...etc.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• thank you but my choice is made. I have researched it and i dont need others to "warn" me of my decision.
    Mom.Since07

Comment by Mom.Since07 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I happen to find Gertie VERY uneducated on why parents do not vaccinate. I don't base my reason to not vaccinate on autism. I looked at the ingredients on the CDC's website, looked at the package inserts that show the possible adverse reactions, like arthritis, diabetes, seizures, etc. I did years of research and decided vaccines are not the best way to go. Polio is spread by poop particles. The disease declined when we got indoor plumbing and started washing our hands, when we understand germs. Measles is actually good for building your immune system. Choosing Not To Vaccinate is the best group to join. Will help you out tons with medically based information.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Autumn I think that is what Gertie was trying to say actually was to educate yourself like you did. She is warning of doctors and medical professionals who do journals based on bad research or people who say no to vaccinations based solely on the autism issue instead of actually doing what you did and look at the ingredients and reactions that can occur.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• One of the best placed to get information on the various vaccines, the laws in each state, which vaccine lots have the most reported reactions, how to report a reaction, etc, is the National Vaccine Information Center at http://www.nvic.org/
    CCHSMOM

Answer by CCHSMOM at 2:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Why would you take the chance of exposing your child to the diseases that the vaccines are there to protect your children from? The reason there arent outbreaks of polio and measels, etc is because of immunizations. If everyone stopped immunizing their children, these diseases would come back with a fierceness all over again.

Everyone has the right to make the choice to vaccinate or not, but to me, why would you put your child at risk?
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Check out the group Choosing Not To Vaccinate here on CafeMom. http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010