I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago today, how long will the healing process take emotionally??

I was 11 weeks when i miscarried and had to have a D&C to remove the rest of the baby and tissue, i am feeling fine physically but emotionally im still so so sad.. When will this feeling of guilt, hurt go away??? Or will it ever? I dont want to be sad but i cant help to think about the baby that was inside of me and what it would have looked like etc...i am just having a really hard time coping with the loss of my baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am so sorry for your pain but every women who loses a baby experiences the grieveing process in her own time. i made a memory box for my lost angels with anything that reminded me of each i lost. that way i felt like i was holding on and cherishing thier memory
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am so so sorry for your loss. I was a child life specialist and grief counselor in Alabama. And worked with many moms who had exp the same situation. Grief and emotional loss is different for every mom. What your feeling is very normal and there are very many support groups out there for moms who have suffered a misscarriage. Often women are forgotten when they have a miscarriage like its not acceptable to grieve or you should go on about your normal life but this is not true. Its a loss like any other and will take time and healing before you feel good again. PM if you want to talk. I ll be thinking about you.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am so sorry to hear this. Give yourself time to grieve. It is a loss just like any other. It will take whatever time you need it to. I hope you and your husband can talk to each other and draw on each other's strength. Also, talk to any friends who are good listeners. I hope you have some. The guilt and hurt will lessen over time. Also, be good to yourself and do whatever brings you some peace......... long walks, long hot baths, listening to music, etc. Again, my condolences.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am sorry for your loss.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• UGH!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooo sorry for your loss. I miscarried my child at 8 weeks on my hubby's birthday. That was in 2005. I have had anther child but that pain is still there. You dont ever get over it.. You just learn how to live with the pain. I have an ultrasound pic of the baby that I kiss every now and again. I carry it in my wallet.

You lost a baby dear. I give you permission to grieve the loss. I never got it... God bless you!
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 8:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It depends on you. It took me well over a year and if I stop and think about it it hits me like it was yesterday. My dh got me a birthstone angel charm for my mother's necklace and I always include the miscarriage in all my family related jewelry. It takes time and there's no set amount. Sorry for your loss.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010