Do your husband's do this?

We go grocery shopping and stick to a very strict budget, and over the next couple days after grocery shopping he eats everything and A LOT! Then he complains we don't have anything to eat the last week before we go grocery shopping again. I'm just like maybe you shouldn't hoard all the food (ok I really don't say that) but still! Sheesh! And he complains he needs to lose weight,we buy all low fat snacks but if you eat 5 of them in an evening... well duh! You're still not going to lose weight crazy! *roll eyes* men... :)

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep, my hubby does the same kind of things. Like I can take a week or more to eat an entire pack of Oreos, and he eats like half the pack in one sitting!! WTH. And he is military too and then goes on these crazy diets and exercises. Just don't be a pig. I just tell him, I have no kindness to his hoggish ways, and he knows it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Lol, My husband does that too. He also goes to the grocery store with me and adds about $20 extra to our bill or if he doesn't go, I'll ask him what he wants and he will give me a very small list or nothing at all and then complains that I didn't get him anything.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• stop buying snack food all together. it will help with the budget too. and yes, my husband does the exact same thing! ugh!!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No my husband doesn't do this.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My ol man is a really big guy, what I think would be alot of food really isn't for him. To me it seems like he eats all day long, and he is definitely not allowed to do the grocery shopping. He'd come come with 8 boxes of luckycharms to last one week or less.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I noticed you said low fat snacks, I've read those can be really fattening because the person eating them doesn't feel satisfied. My husband is ex military also and he eats a lot! He has to have a full pantry and refrigerator so I'll keep stuff I know is outdated. I even put small appliances in back of the boxes so it looks like we have more food. We go through a lot of cereal and milk and the off brand stuff is pretty cheap.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Smart Ones the frozen dinners? Those always upset my stomach for some reason. Just a comment.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Is my husband at your house??? my husband does the exact same thing, hes also military, im like dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, lol,, I eat snacks in spells, so it takes me awhile, but him , he just eats them up
    tishmomof2

Answer by tishmomof2 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We got home from the store the other night - put all the food away, and he seriously looked at me and said "There's nothing to eat!"

My DH wants quick "grab & eat" stuff... if he has to cook it he doesn't want it. But he won't eat fruit or anything like that... What really gets me though is he's 135lbs at 6'2" And here's me, doing all I can to eat decent and I'm 75lbs over what I want to be... THAT is what pisses me off!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No, Mine Doesnt.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010