non vax?

so i always see moms saying they dont vax.. where do yall live cuz where i am we have no choice either we dont do it till the are 4 and slam them with tons of shots when pre-k hits or we do it on schedule.. they are required by law to go to pre-k and to be in the public and private system they have to be up to date or they are kicked out until they are up to date.. its require by the health department..heck even to go to the local tech school i had to be up to date on all mine too..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was wondering the same thing. Kids are not allowed into kindergarten here without their vaccines. I never heard of non-vacc until I came to this site.
    Anonymous

• They are allowed to go if you sign a voucher, but, not many doctors and certainly no schools will tell you this. You can do it anywhere.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• everyone has a legal choice EVERYWHERE. the reasons allowed vary from state to state and yes they ARE allowed in to public school if you fit the appropriate allowed reasons to not vaccinate.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• There is a religious exemption. You can try to claim it if you like. I don't have an issue with it because I do vax my kids.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• They ARE allowed in public schools. Every state has some type of exemption that you can file - it just depends on the state. Here in NC, the only exemption they allow is religious but all I had to was write a letter stating that I had a religious objection to the vaccines - they don't require any type of documentation or even ask what religion it is. Some states also allow a philosophical exemption, but all states have some type.

Answer by missanc at 8:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• there are only 2 states which REQUIRE vaccination for admittance to public/private schools. Otherwise you go to your health department, and get a waiver. You sign it, have it notarized, and your child is permitted to attend school.

NOWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES IS IT AGAINST THE LAW NOT TO VACCINATE.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You can always get an exemption, it doesn't matter what state you live in. Even those that require it can't not accept your kid into school, you'll just have to fight about it in court. Did you know that most vaccinations are grown in eggs? Those w/ an allergy to eggs can't get these shots so schools can't keep them out!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I live in Oklahoma and you can get a wavier to not vax.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• All states have a medical exemption. All but two have religious exemptions, and more than half have philosophical exemptions. Unless you live in one of those two states, you can claim religious, and it's against your civil rights to have to "prove" what your religious beliefs are, so that's enough. You just fill out a waiver.

No where is it illegal to not vaccinate. Worst case scenerio is that you can't enroll your child in public school, and then you either private school or homeschool.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 10:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE AND LET YOUR KID COME DOWN WITH SOMETHING THAT WOULD MAKE THEM SICK OR DIE?!?!?!? CHILDHOOD DISEASES ARE ON THE RISE BECAUSE OF THIS!! TISK TISK!!
    Anonymous