I need some cheap meal ideas ASAP!

We are a little short on cash this week and I need to go grocery shopping tomarrow. Seriously I have $100 to get food for 2 weeks. Or maybe a little shorter. Any ideas? I have hot dogs. Hamburger Helper. Spagetti. Goulash. Tuna Noodle Cassorole. But I'm drawing a blank. HELP! Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Food & Drink

• My favorite cheap meal is a pound of ground turkey for I think like 1.50 then a box or rice a roni (chickens my fav) for like 1.25. Super cheap and actually pretty good.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 10:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Mac and cheese...kids love it! And maybe get some meat and cheese for sandwhiches. Or you could always whip up some grilled cheeses!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Pancakes or eggs can always work for dinner- we tend to have that a few times when I am trying to save money on groceries. You could buy a pork roast pretty cheap and have two meals with that- the roast one night with some potatoes and veggies, then pulled pork sandwiches another night. I am always trying to save money on groceries, its like a big game for me to see how much I can get for very little. Another tip is, if it isn't on sale, don't buy it. You can make a whole lot of things cheaper then you can buy premade (example hamburger helper).

candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Do you have discount stores around? I go to a few discount stores. I get things for almost half the price. Like cereal i am not going to pay almost 4 bucks for a box when i can get it for 1.50 or 2 depending on the size. Buy stuff on sale. Try making chicken puffs my kids love them. Get about 3 cans of cresent rolls, about 2 cans of canned chicken. I put salt and pepper and salsa if you like and mix it with the chicken. I roll out the cresent rolls and put some chicken in and wrap it then put melted butter on top with some sesame seeds and put in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 mins. Hope you like it.
    loving8

Answer by loving8 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Chicken Bake
    - 5 chicken breasts
    - 1 big can of cream of mushroom soup
    - 1 big can of cream of chicken soup
    - 2 boxes of stove top stuffing
    Boil the chicken breasts until done and shredd it.
    Mix in both soups.
    Cook stuffing as directed on box and put on top.
    Bake on 375 for 1 hour.
    boxin

Answer by boxin at 10:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Chicken Alfredo, just need noodles, boneless chicken brests and a can of alfredo. chop the chicken up so its easier to cook and mix, boil the noodles, drain, then add chicken and alfredo sauce and mix warm and serve, maybe add some steamed veggies.
    Florence_Moss

Answer by Florence_Moss at 5:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• so i went shopping last night...i spent $75 in Aldis. and got lots of food. :) thanks.
    tiffe88

Answer by tiffe88 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2008